When I had tried to make Gluten Free Turkey balls for the first time, unfortunately, they turned up as a noodle soup. I didn’t lose my heart and though to try again. I tried to stick myself with the aim of making conventional Spahgetti & Meatballs by ensuring that this should also remain Gluten free.
The first step of making noodles was very easy for me. And then the turn was about making meatballs and for that I decided to bake them. As I was making meatballs I thought that how can I keep them gluten free, and the idea came like a flash that I should use the coconut flour for making my meat balls gluten free.
After that, my meatballs were gluten free then I thought about the flavor.In this instance, I checked all the spices which were available in my cupboard. Finally, I chose plethora powder. Chili flakes, dried mustard, Cayenne and smoked Paprika. These were the all spices which I added to my gluten free Turkey Meatball. If, these spices are too much for you then you can eliminate any one them. The selection of spices is wholly your discretion.
Then, it is turn to sautéed some quantity of onions & some quantity of garlic along with coconut oil which was to be added into Turkey mixture. Well, I thought that due to addition of Coconut flour and coconut oil mine Gluten free Turkey Balls would taste like tropical. Are you thinking the same? No.. My Gluten Free Turkey meatball did not taste like tropical at all. Why? Because we didn’t carry any taste of Coconut oil. The selection of Turkey meatballs was baked and the flavor was basil. Moreover, when you bake it, they will be popped with a tomato sauce. In order to soak up all the unwanted essence, they are heated up to get rid of that smell.
Due to the combination of tomato and the basil, I was able to give my turkey meatballs yummy and traditional flavor. After my meatballs were properly cooked, then, was to turn to leave them simmering in tomato sauce. An important tip regarding tomato sauce is that always use organic tomato sauce. The reason is that naturally tomatoes are acidic and just in case if you keep them into stored can then it will be bad for your health. If you will keep in the jar, then the chances are that your tomato sauce may turn as toxic to you. Therefore, it is suggested that you must buy tomato related products that come in glass. If you have plenty of time, then best practice is that you make your own tomato sauce.
- Ground Turkey: 1lb
- Coconut flour: 2 tbsp
- Smoked Paprika: 1 tbsp
- Chili flakes : ½ tbsp
- Dried Basil: ½ tbsp
- Dried Mustard: ½ tbsp
- Cayenne Pepper: ¼ tbsp
- Coconut Oil : 1 tbsp
- Finely Chopped Onion: 1
- Minced Garlic Cloves: 2
- Whisked Egg: 1
- First of all heat up your oven up to 425 degrees.
- Set aside mixture of Ground turkey, spices and coconut flour. Now it’s time to heat up coconut oil and onion for not more than 5 minutes.
- Once, your oil and onion turn translucent, then its time to stir garlic in it.
- Now, add this to your turkey mixture.
- Now, with the help of your hands add eggs and start to mix everything.
- After that you will roll turkey mixture in the shape of a golf ball on tin foil- lined sheet.
- After that you will bake them for the period of 35 minutes maximum.
- Then it’s time to heat up tomato sauce. The heat should be medium~ low.
- Then add your already cooked meatballs, then stir them and leave them simmering for 35 minutes on a low heat.
- Your Gluten free Turkey Meatballs are ready to be served!
You can watch video instructions: